Job of the week
Wolfstone Farms looking for 2 capable Show Grooms, can be a couple.
one groom should ride well on flat and aim to become manager
one groom should be able to drive truck trailer
both grooms to work in team, no drama. plenty of experience required, FEI.
Must be team players, able to clip, braid, trim, prepare horses, set up show etc amongst other things
wages from 650-800 usd per week
currently showing in NJ then Tryon, and down to Florida base for winter in October.
- Top Class Show Groom
- Truck License Required
- Riding Possible
- High Standards of care expected
- Previous high level experience
- Shows Across Italy
- Start ASAP!
- Grooming at home and shows
- flat riding 1 or 2 horses
- Stable Duties
- Good wages
- accommodation included
- Job recommended by previous groom
- Riding Video Required
- Urgent Start!
- Show Groom
- Ride well on flat
- High Standard Grooming
- Able to plait, clip, groom, first aid, pack for shows, attend shows, ride 1 or 2 horses at home
- Good recommendations and riding video preferred
- good wages and contract
- Start Immediately!
Looking home groom for top dressage stable
- Top horses need an amazing groom to join their team
- Great Conditions
- Immediate start
- No own horse
PM Show Grooms International on Facebook to enquire further about this job!
Looking for show groom for a junior 2-3* show jumper
Job consists of;
- All regular stable duties
- travelling to shows in Europe
- Truck License Required
- Good Salary and work conditions
- immediate Start
- Accommodation and full contract available
Top class capable experienced show groom and self motivated home groom required by up and coming young rider
- Suit friends or couple
- Shows in Australia
- Top Trainer
- Nice Boss, top offer, $$$ facilities, everything to make life enjoyable, accommodation and flights included
- Start ASAP
- Show groom should be willing to train for license if they don't already have
- Regular stable duties
- Clip, Plait, Lunge, Medicate / first
- and generally take care of top competition horses.
- Possible to ride at home on flat and on rides around the private grounds
Flat Rider for Professional Show Jumping Stables
- Must be talented and motivated
- Immediate start
- Good wages and conditions
- Some jumping possibly
- Mostly training on flat all ages of horses
- Videos required
Riding training position May- August
Donvig Dressage Stables near Melbourne have an upcoming temp position to cover annual leave of head girl.
The position is for a groom six day week Monday to Saturday – 50 hour week for approximately 8 weeks starting mid-May.
We require that the person undertakes training prior before our supergroom goes on leave.
Donvig Dressage Stables prides itself on providing the best care and training for clients horses and treats its charges as high performance athletes; therefore the standards are high.
We are looking for someone who
• Is competent and confident in handling large competition horses including lunging and hacking out
• Is interested in learning the health management of our horses including wound maintenance and understanding of the care of dressage horses – ice boots, taking temperatures etc.
•Who would like to train as a fill in show groom
•Opportunity to ride / train dependent on skills
We have a great team here at DDS and we require someone with good communication skills, a happy disposition, an attention to detail and a love of horses.
This may be suitable for someone wishing to train and we can provide accommodation for both horse and rider if required
The position is available to overseas students who are eligible to work in Australia.
Very few stables in Australia offer the opportunity to work with highly educated dressage horses and brilliant clients.
Professional Show Groom needed to work August 2018 - April 2019 with Opportunity to stay longer.
- Contract Available
- Ideal job for someone looking to take a break from the intense America/Europe Circuit.
- Complete care of 4 horses, at home and attending shows.
- Youngsters to World Cup level, some times one or two more in work at home.
- I’m very laid back and easy to work for. Sole charge of the yard when we are at home as I am at University a lot.
- The job would be 6 days a week with an extra day off (5 days a week) if we are not at shows.
- All normal stable duties required
- keeping stable tidy and organised
- Feeding/mucking out
- Tacking up/cleaning gear
- Plaiting/preparing at shows
- Riding is not required but if you are confident to go hacking it’s a plus.
- Food and board in family home included in salary.
- We have 3 clients at the yard who are all lovely. You are not required to groom for them, only feed/basic care of horses.
- References and experience required.
USA and London
Top American Rider Andy Kocher, looking for experienced and Capable travelling show groom for tour of Europe.
Based in London for the Summer
contact me if you are ready immediately and can help!
- Don’t apply if you can’t start within 1 week
- If you don’t drive small van / car
- If you don’t speak English
- If you don’t have EU or USA passport
- If you want to bring a horse
- If you don’t have experience on FEI 3* minimum
- If you can’t plait clip and ride well.
If you apply please give me your location, telephone number and I’ll send you application form by return.